- “Sometimes, I feel the past and the future pressing so hard on either side that there’s no room for the present at all.” — Evelyn Waugh
- "We ask 18-year-olds to make huge decisions about their career and financial future, when a month ago they had to ask to go to the bathroom." -Adam Kotsko
- "He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." – George Orwell, 1984
- The Dalai Lama couldn’t be more correct..
- "When asked if I am pessimistic or optimistic about the future…" Martin Keogh