- Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~ Plato
- The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. -H. L. Mencken
- "Our grandfathers were soldiers, so our fathers could be farmers, so we could be artists." ~ John Adams
- The election of Obama was one more triumph of illusion over substance. It was a skillful manipulation and betrayal of the public by a corporate power elite. We mistook style and ethnicity – an advertising tactic pioneered by Calvin Klein and Benetton – for progressive politics and genuine change.
- "One of the penalties of refusing to participate in politics…" Plato 620*450