- "A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone." – Henry David Thoreau
- "Suicide doesn’t take away the pain, it gives it to someone else"
- "The secret of being miserable is to have the leisure to bother about whether you are happy or not. The cure is occupation."
- "Cattle die, kindred die, Every man is mortal: But the good name never dies Of one who has done well. Cattle die, kindred die, Every man is mortal: But I know one thing that never dies, The glory of the great dead." The vikings were wise…
- Fear will always dissipate when you face it, but regret, that pain never fades.