- "Why is it that when you take advantage of a tax break for a corporation you are a good business person but when you take advantage of something that you need to not be hungry you’re a moocher" – Jon Stewart
- Life has many ways of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once – Paulo Coelho
- "Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment." – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The type of person I want to be.
- "The secret of being miserable is to have the leisure to bother about whether you are happy or not. The cure is occupation."