- "Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend the rest of its life believing it is stupid." -Albert Einstein
- "If you get far enough away, you’ll be on your way back home" -Tom Waits
- “Luxury has never appealed to me, I like simple things, books, being alone, or with somebody who understands.” — Daphne du Maurier
- “A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. That is why I read so much.” – Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones.
- "Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings." – Heinrich Heine in 1823