The list of top ten videogame quotes as voted by reddit.com
1) Chapter 9: The Part Where He Kills You (portal 2)
In it’s full glory:
Glados:”Well. I guess this is the part where he kills us!”
Weathley: “Hello, This is the part where i kill you!”
Chapter: The part where he kills you.
Achievment: The part where he kills you.
Achievement Description: This is that part
2) “Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.” — Mordin from Mass Effect 3
3) A man chooses a slave obeys
4) “War, war never changes.”- Fallout.
5) There’s an optional conversation you can have in Deus Ex with an AI construct, Morpheus, whose presence is tangential to the story and who is in a secret room you might never find. My favorite line, by far, is “The need to be observed and understood was once satisfied by God. Now we can implement the same functionality with data-mining algorithms.”
The whole conversation is here or here if you prefer text.
6) “Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman. Rise and shine. Not that I wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job. No-one is more deserving of a rest. And all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until… well, let’s just say your hour has come again. The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So, wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes.” intro to Half-Life 2
7) “I like shorts, they’re comfy and easy to wear” quote from the original Pokemon Red and Blue for the Gameboy.
8) The Master Chief: Sir, request permission to leave the station.
Lord Hood: For what purpose, Master Chief?
The Master Chief: To give the Covenant back their bomb.
9) “What is better – to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?” – Paarthunax, from Skyrim.
10) “Some trees flourish, others die. Some cattle grow strong, others are taken by wolves. Some men are born rich enough and dumb enough to enjoy their lives. Ain’t nothing fair. You know that.” -John Marston (Red dead redemption)