“The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement.”
- One’s back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother. Ber er hver að baki nema sér bróður eigi.
The Saga of Grettir the Strong, chapter 82
- There are more things to be thought of by men than money alone. En fleira er mönnum til hugganar en fébætur einar.
The Saga of Grettir the Strong, chapter 47
- Never slay more than one man in the same stock, and never break the peace which good men and true make between thee and others. Veg þú aldrei meir í hinn sama knérunn en um sinn og rjúf aldrei sætt þá er góðir menn gera meðal þín og annarra.
The Saga of Burnt Njal, chapter 55
- Then said Atli, when he got the thrust, “These broad spears are becoming a fashion.” After that he fell forward over the threshold. Atli mælti við er hann fékk lagið: “Þau tíðkast hin breiðu spjótin,” segir hann. Síðan féll hann fram á þröskuldinn.
The Saga of Grettir the Strong, chapter 45
- He is bad-tempered, and may be that I shall let another’s wound be my warning. Hann er skapillur og búið eg láti annars víti að varnaði.
The Saga of Burnt Njal, chapter 37
- There are few more certain tokens of ill than not to know how to accept the good. Fátt vísara til ills en kunna eiga gott að þiggja.
The Saga of Grettir the Strong, chapter 78
- Where fault can be found, the good is ignored. Fár bregður hinu betra ef hann veit hið verra.
The Saga of Burnt Njal, chapter 139
- A tale is but half told when only one person tells it. Jafnan er hálfsögð saga ef einn segir.
The Saga of Grettir the Strong, chapter 46
- No one is a total fool if he can be silent. Enginn er alheimskur, ef þegja má.
The Saga of Grettir the Strong, chapter 88
- Eyes can not hide a woman’s love for a man. Eigi leyna augu ef ann kona manni.
The Saga of Gunnlaugur the Worm-tongue, chapter 13.
I don't know why it says “1” at the start of every sentence. It says 1, 2, 3 and so on when I press EDIT.
It makes sense I want to be a Nurse.
Valentine's day is upon us, so I found some of the most beautiful love quotes you can use to thrill your loved ones.
True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart. – Honoré de Balzac
Love seeketh not itself to please, nor for itself hath any care, but for another gives its ease, and builds a Heaven in Hell's despair. – William Blake
To love someone means to see him as God intended him. – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. – Victor Hugo
A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea. – Honoré de Balzac
One is very crazy when in love. – Sigmund Freud
Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. – Oscar Wilde
Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. – Aristotle
Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. – Albert Einstein
What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us. – Helen Keller