- “Warning: Everything saved will be lost.” – Wii notification
- “If you love a flower, don’t pick it up.Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love.
So if you love a flower, let it be.
Love is not about possession.
Love is about appreciation.”
- “Growing up is merely watching your heroes turn human right before your eyes.”
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
Arthur C. Clarke
- “All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.” – T. E. Lawrence
“Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.”
― A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Wings of Fire: An Autobiography
- “The worst feeling is not being alone, it’s being forgotten by someone you could not forget.”
- “Treat the Earth Well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.” -Kenyan Proverb
“Another flaw in the human character is that everyone wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance.”
- “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”-Douglas Adams
Sucking at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something.
-Jake the Dog, from Adventure Time
- “A ship in harbor is safe, but that’s not why ships are built.”
- “There is only one way to avoid criticism: Do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing”Elbert Hubbard.
- “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”-Calvin Coolidge
Favorite self-help quote Read more →
1) Homer: I have three kids and no money. Why can’t I have no kids and three money?
2) Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart?
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: No…he looks like something might be disturbing him.
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses.
Marge: I guess we could get more involved in Bart’s activities but then I’d be afraid of smothering him.
Homer: Yeah, and then we’d get the chair.
Marge: That’s not what I meant.
Homer: It was, Marge, admit it.
3) Smithers: They’re fighting like Iran and Iraq! Mr. Burns: What? Smithers: Persia and Mesopotamia
4)Maude Flanders: Excuse me Edna, I don’t think were talking about love here. We’re talking about S-E-X. In front of the C-H-I-L-D-R-E-N.
Krusty: Sex Cauldron?! I thought they closed that place down.
5) Superintendant Chalmers: Good Lord, what is happening in there?
Principal Skinner: Aurora Borealis?
Superintendant Chalmers: Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?
Principal Skinner: Yes.
Superintendant Chalmers: May I see it?
Principal Skinner: No.
6) “Look, Super Nintendo Chalmers, I’m learnding!” ~Ralph
7) Grandpa Simpson: “I used to be with it, but then they changed what ‘it’ was”
8) Homer: Hello, my name is Mr. Burns. I believe you have a letter for me. Postal Worker: OK Mr. Burns, uh, what’s your first name? Homer: …I don’t know.
9) To alcohol- the cause of and solution to all of life’s problems! -Homer
10) Kang: Abortions for all. [crowd boos] Kang: Very well, no abortions for anyone. [crowd boos] Kang: Hmm… Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others.
Bonus: Homer: YOU’LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP, I’M WEARING A TOWEL
source thread : http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/m67wv/what_is_your_favorite_simpsons_quote/