- "If someone was sending rockets into my house…" – Barack Obama
- "It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that’s pretty important" – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- "Often the best source of information about waste, fraud, and abuse in government is an existing government employee committed to public integrity and willing to speak out." – Barack Obama circa 2008
- “The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.” – Barack Obama, 2008
- The election of Obama was one more triumph of illusion over substance. It was a skillful manipulation and betrayal of the public by a corporate power elite. We mistook style and ethnicity – an advertising tactic pioneered by Calvin Klein and Benetton – for progressive politics and genuine change.