- "Growing your own food is like printing your own money" – Ron Finley
- “Admit it. You aren’t like them. You’re not even close. You may occasionally dress yourself up as one of them, watch the same mindless television shows as they do, maybe even eat the same fast food sometimes….
- "If you have food in your fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep you are…"
- "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint." – Hélder Câmara
- "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top." – Hunter S. Thompson