- “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
- "Our grandfathers were soldiers, so our fathers could be farmers, so we could be artists." ~ John Adams
- "My philosophy is…" – Anthony Hopkins
- "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion"
- "I have never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as a cause for withdrawing from a friend." – Thomas Jefferson