- "Love isn’t a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” ― Fred Rogers
- "There are three ways to ultimate success…" – Fred Rogers
- "We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It’s easy to say ‘It’s not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem.’ Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes." – Fred Rogers
- A government that thinks that she loves me more than I love myself is too intrusive into my life.
- "People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news." – A. J. Liebling