The list of top ten videogame quotes as voted by reddit.com
1) Chapter 9: The Part Where He Kills You (portal 2)
In it’s full glory:
Glados:”Well. I guess this is the part where he kills us!”
Weathley: “Hello, This is the part where i kill you!”
Chapter: The part where he kills you.
Achievment: The part where he kills you.
Achievement Description: This is that part
2) “Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.” — Mordin from Mass Effect 3
3) A man chooses a slave obeys
4) “War, war never changes.”- Fallout.
5) There’s an optional conversation you can have in Deus Ex with an AI construct, Morpheus, whose presence is tangential to the story and who is in a secret room you might never find. My favorite line, by far, is “The need to be observed and understood was once satisfied by God. Now we can implement the same functionality with data-mining algorithms.”
6) “Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman. Rise and shine. Not that I wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job. No-one is more deserving of a rest. And all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until… well, let’s just say your hour has come again. The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So, wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes.” intro to Half-Life 2
7) “I like shorts, they’re comfy and easy to wear” quote from the original Pokemon Red and Blue for the Gameboy.
8) The Master Chief: Sir, request permission to leave the station.
Lord Hood: For what purpose, Master Chief?
The Master Chief: To give the Covenant back their bomb.
9) “What is better – to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?” – Paarthunax, from Skyrim.
10) “Some trees flourish, others die. Some cattle grow strong, others are taken by wolves. Some men are born rich enough and dumb enough to enjoy their lives. Ain’t nothing fair. You know that.” -John Marston (Red dead redemption)
There was a thread on reddit asking a question What are your quotes to live by? The answers were realy interesting so here is the list of top ten answers of quotes to live by.
First answer is multiple quotes but counted as one :
1a) Just because you can, doesnt mean you should
1b)”If you’re good at something, never do it for free.”
1c)”No one will love you exactly the way you want them to — you just have to let them do their best.”
1d)If you can’t keep yourself amused, you take yourself too seriously.
1e)Don’t ever give anyone the satisfaction of knowing that they have upset you or they will know exactly how to do it again the next time.
1f)Every mistake is a lesson.
1g)Notice the difference in the man who says he has lost 10 times and the man who says he is a loser.
1h)A persons actions will speak louder than his words
1i)Be brave. If you are not brave, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
1j)Never keep score of favours you hand out, only the ones you get.
1k)If you are neutral on situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor – desmond tutu
1l)We all do damage, but character is determined by how we repair it.
1m)”Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” ~MLK
1n)Regret is only good for telling yourself what you will never do again. Once you know which things you will never do again, regret turns into wisdom, and wisdom builds character.
1o)Money doesn’t buy happiness – Money buys choices. It’s what you do with those choices that makes you happy.
1p)Do not mark progress with clocks and calendars, but instead use events or goals.)1q!Your beliefs don’t make you a better person, your behavior does.
1r)The problem, often not discovered until late in life, is that when people look for things in life like love, meaning, motivation, it implies they are sitting behind a tree or under a rock. The most successful people in life recognize, that in life they create their own love, they manufacture their own meaning, they generate their own motivation.-Neil Degrasse Tyson
1s)I am driven by two main philosophies, know more today about the world than I knew yesterday. And lessen the suffering of others. You’d be surprised how far that gets you. -Neil Degrasse Tyson
2) “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes”.
3) Climb a mountain, tell no one.
4)“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” –Plato
5)”We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don’t have books, don’t fuck them.” -John Waters
6)“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them they’ve all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.”-Neil Gaiman
7)Hell exists. Hell is the moment just before you die – the moment when the person you are meets the person you could have become.
8) Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
9)“You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.”
10) This too shall pass