saw it on tumblr and thought it was actually quite deep!
The video source with some other invaluable quotes about The Illusion of Knowledge.
“They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.”
-Fantastic (Fallout: NV)
“Well done. Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I’m serious, that’s what it says: “A horrible person.” We weren’t even testing for that!”
“Don’t let that horrible-person thing discourage you. It’s just a data point. If it makes you feel any better, science has now validated your birth mother’s decision to abandon you on a doorstep.”
-GlaDOS: Portal 2
- “Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honour matters. The silence is your answer.” – The last of the protheans [Mass effect]
- Butt Stallion says hello -Handsome Jack – Borderlands
- No gods or kings. Only Man
- “When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!” — Cave Johnson from Portal 2
“What if you miss?” -Cortana
“I won’t.” -Master Chief
- “Wake up Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes.”
- “The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.”
- “Just a heads up: we’re gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I’ll be honest – we’re throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it’ll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we’ll cut out.” – Cave Johnson
- “…you’re here because you wanted to feel like something you’re not: a hero.”
- John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line
I heard the quote on this video, it is also in the description http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ There's also continuation of the quote on the video, so look out for that if you'll watch the whole video.
From my thread asking how far off video games are from real combat.
from here: http://bigthink.com/videos/give-your-kids-binoculars-and-get-out-of-the-way great video
Used by Nancy Pelosi when referring to the correlation between video games and violence.
Was one of the top comments on this video
Heard it while listening to his writings on Suicide, a video can be found here, in which his writings are narrated. I find it is very applicable to Depression, i'm sure it also applies to the numerous other forms of pain.